Monday, November 07, 2005

Proverbs and Sayings Save Energy


One of the healthiest ways to live a healing life is in parallel with a series of well known advice from our ancestors. Via proverbs sage people have ruled in wise ways. Present economic implications have direct link to energy savings and those proverbs. A little change in our daily modus operandi following the sage advice of the past might prove to be an enriching experience.
A few classic old proverbs to prove my point:

“Rise with the sun and rest with the sun and your wealth will abound.” I will add here the obvious if there is no much need for electricity you will save a few bucks every day. Natural light will also provide the much need it vitamins for a good looking and healthy skin.

“Read to your soul to gain in your brain.” Well, and easy one here no more TV for a while, and pick one of the many greatest authors from your local library and enjoy the ride.

“Dress me slowly that I am in a rush, I need to walk far away.” This one came to me from my great-grandmother. In the process I learned physics and it proved her right. Walks farther and slower you will save in gasoline and keep better cholesterol levels. Clearly, we all need to walk farther and often, and we do not do so, if as a community decide that all we need must be in walking distance, we can revive our local economies, supporting local businesses and healthier lives. A very simple equation, it supports a better tomorrow.

If you find proverbs and sayings to be entertaining, find a book at your local library and enjoy!

No comments: